Finding Your Mission
In this episode, I interview Ben Leonard
Best known as the founder of Beast Gear, Ben Leonard is the classic millennial entrepreneur. He built a business on a laptop, in a cupboard, in his spare time.
The difference? Ben grew an international 7-figure business and successfully exited after 3 years; the business holy grail.
Now Ben is doing it all over again, this time creating a brand of parent's accessories based off his own lived experience as a dad.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How he sees fatherhood as gratitude
- His journey in creating and then selling Beast Gear
- His origins as an ecologist
- The health scare that sparked the genesis of his business
- The primacy of brand positioning
- Leveraging others' expertise
- The moment he knew it was going to work out well
- How he sold his business
- The creative spark that drives his endeavours
- His foray into products for parents
- How his relationship with his parents has impacted him
- The joy and downside of being all consumed by our business
- His long term vision for impact