The True Meaning of Partnership
In this episode I interview elite coach Simon Hartley.
Simon is a globally respected sport psychology consultant and performance coach. For over 20 years, Simon has worked with gold medallists, world record holders, world champions, top five world-ranked professional athletes, Olympians and championship winning teams.
Since 2011, Simon has published seven books, including Two Lengths of the Pool; Sometimes the simplest ideas have the greatest impact and Master Mental Toughness.
During the last 10 years, Simon has also applied the principles of sport psychology to business, education, healthcare and the charity sector. This has included projects with some of the world’s leading corporations and foremost executives.
He is also an award winning international professional speaker, delivering keynotes throughout the world.
In this episode we discuss:
- Finding his way when his partner has a long-term health condition and managing the tension of needing to earn and wanting to be at home
- How partnership with his wife helps bring perspective and balance into his life
- How having his back to the wall financially brought about a moment of profound support from his wife and a life-changing decision in his business
- The keys to survival when running your own business and being on the road so much
- Finding a way through the pull of chasing business and supporting family life
- How being intentional in his relationships and business makes all the difference to quality of life
- How a drive across the Pennines woke him up to a situation that was running out of control
- How surrendering to the reality of his wife's health shifted things profoundly in his relationship with himself and his business
- The importance of flexibility when life throws a curveball
- Choosing time for self vs choosing time to connect
- Agreements vs expectations in his relationship
- Getting clear on spend vs investment
- A powerful reframe of the idea of sacrifice
Join us in our community at: www.facebook.com/groups/heartofdad and apply to be on the podcast here: