In this episode, I interview Esmond Baring
Esmond is a transformational life coach and entrepreneur. Having spent more than a decade working in finance, he now bases himself in Bali where he is co-creating a psychedelic mental health start-up, and where he works as a transformational coach.
He works especially with privileged and successful men between 35-55 years old, facilitating insight and clarity through a subtractive process of seeing through resistant and unrecognised thinking that may be in the way of realising dreams, and a fully emotional experience of life.
Esmond is passionate about supporting his clients to realising the truth of who they are, to a deeper connection with themselves, their women, their children, and lives fully lived.
Esmond is a father of one.
In this episode we discuss:
- His move to Bali and starting 3 different businesses out there
- His early life assumption that he'd be a salary man working in finance all his life
- His transformational life experience in 2016 that started his journey to awakening
- His boarding school experience that changed everything
- Recognising the cycle of anxiety, shame, depression in his life
- His relationship with his dad and the assumptions about his future
- The trappings of wealth
- Turning his back on golf
- The conception of his daughter as the threshold for healing
- Co-parenting his daughter
- Exploring psychedelics for mental health
- When things fell apart in 2019
- The powerful Acacia Tree Ceremony that set him on new path of growth
- His daughter's sensitivity to his depression
- Finding full commitment to healing
- Finding the glimmer of light in depression and suicidal thinking
Sign up for the free Heart of Dad Summit at www.heartofdad.com/summit