In this episode, I interview Ben Killoy
Ben Killoy, is a U.S. Marine Veteran turned blogger, life coach, speaker, and now podcaster who seeks to bring Military Veteran Dads home to their families.
He resides in Milton, WI, with his wife and three beautiful kids!
Ben, went through what most transitioning veterans go through of redefining identity and rediscovering your passion and purpose for life.
A seminar changed it all for him, and realigned him to his passion for leadership. Since then he has been on a mission to master leadership principles and use his passion for leadership to help dads understand who they are, develop the skills to overcome adversity, and own their life and choices truly come home to their life.
In this interview, we discuss:
- His life in the marines
- The impact of pushing back on dreams and falling into jobs
- Falling in love with leadership
- Losing his job becoming the catalyst for following his dream
- The impact of not dealing with emotions
- The impossible tension for military dads
- Transcending feeling isolated
- Taking action outside of comfort zones
- Connection and conversation as the magic sauce for change
- Learning to fit in rather than being yourself
- Choosing the harder path as the route for growth
- The life turning point at Marine bootcamp
- Growing into being a dad
- Prioritising seasons of life, particularly our children's early years
- Learning to take deep responsibility for our lives
- Chocolate cookies and his grandmother - learning deep love
- Feeling into his masculinity and finding peace
- The gold hidden in triggers
- Going beyond military stereotypes
- Finding his inner hugger
- Learning from his dad about the power of connection
- Seeing purpose emerge through adversity
- Our greatest legacy is created through our presence with our kids
- The power of seeing and prioritising life through seasons
You can find out more about Ben at https://www.militaryveterandad.com/