In this episode, I interview Nico Czinczoll
Nico Czinczoll managing partner of Core 42 and the founder of the Homecoming Academy.
He is a trusted advisor to executives and management teams of large corporations and hidden champions.
After a successful career in multi-national corporations he consults and coaches leaders at companies like Zalando, Infineon, BASF, Wintershall, Deutsche Bahn, Thalia, buch.de, BP, Gazprom, Bertelsmann and mid-size businesses.
Nico lives in Berlin with his partner and son.
In this interview, we discuss:
- His work in organisational culture, body and psyche
- His interests in psychology and computer science
- His journey into contemplative practices to explore who he is in the world
- Bringing better decision making and more awareness of body and psyche into the world
- Our projections from childhood on to organisations and using models for decision making which are not fit for purpose
- Getting to the heart of who we are in the world
- Contemplative practice as a support for being a dad
- The value of getting to know what throws us off the rails
- How his practice supports him keep his equilibrium in life
- Recalibrating his relationship with his own dad
- The longing for a guide through life
- The tension between the need for safety and edge in psychological development
- The gift and choice of spending the first 7 months of his son's life at home
- Finding balance in the family triangle and continually adjusting as needs involved
- His commitment to be present with his son