The Path of Return
In this episode, I interview Russell Lewin.
Russell, is a Sales Manager for a large IT firm. He separated from his wife of 14 years in 2018 and has three boys, 15, 12 and 10.
He says they are the highlight and bane of his life and he loves them dearly.
His job is high influence and requires travel to countries all over Europe which can make the arrangements for seeing his boys difficult.
He is an active triathlete, ex rugby player and member of Leicester Tigers Rugby Club. He loves going on walks with his boys and black lab, Koko.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The pressure to produce as a career dad
- Having to shift focus to home and his career stalling
- Getting divorced and the challenge of the court system
- The impact of unemployment and financial distress
- Going from stressed and absent dad to fun dad
- Completely changing his relationship to money and material acquisition
- Not getting dragged into his ex-wife's narrative
- The dark period of not finding work
- The karma of helping others
- The saving grace of therapy
- Getting the right support for managing debt
- Getting his esteem back and appreciating the smaller things in life
- Recalibrating his relationship with his second son after a difficult time
- Holding on to his own truth during divorce
- Letting go of anger and living in the moment
You can find out more about Russell at https://www.linkedin.com/in/russell-lewin-0473293/