In this episode I interview Rene Power.
By day, Rene Power is a marketing consultant, trainer and speaker working with directors of family run manufacturers and professional services companies to advance their marketing and business growth.
He has run Vision B2B Marketing and Training Ltd based just outside Manchester since October 2015 after a 20 year career working client side in manufacturing and marketing agencies came to an end.
By night and at weekends he is an active 45 year old, husband and dad of four.
Rene feels he is defined by being a success in work and is driven to be a role model in the importance of hard work and application to his children.
The struggle and balance is real as Rene shares his experiences in running a consultancy business, securing planning and training work and also looking at monetising knowledge and amplifying his reach in hitting the online coaching at scale market.
In this episode we discuss:
- Starting his business as he had his 3rd child
- Taking one for the team and supporting his wife through PND
- The power of networking
- Putting in the ground work
- Not speaking about what's unbearable
- Guilt when finances are tight
- Focusing on experiences rather than things
- The stark choices that can mean missing out on your kids
- The importance of knowing your 'why'
- How self-care is crucial to survival
- The difference between friends who are employed and those who are entrepreneurs
You can find out more about Rene at https://visionb2b.co.uk