In this episode I interview Ray Richards.
Ray Richards is a social entrepreneur and a founder of tech wellbeing company, Do Something Different, the Life Done Different.ly podcast and Port Moor Cottage, a men’s wellbeing retreat that floods.
His work seeks to understand how we can all find balance in our lives through the lens of the unknown and the known, how we can all benefit from taking small slightly uncomfortable steps into the unknown and turning that experience into the known.
His work explains how that process of expanding our comfort zone is crucial for our wellbeing.
In this episode we discuss:
- How work and play can become indistinguishable
- The nature of adventure in creating a business
- The hangover of exiting a successful business
- The importance of being around in the teen years
- Being able to take time out, guilt free
- Shielding children from stress
- The genesis of passion projects
- How being on a mission inoculates against guilt
- The importance of knowing your 'why'
- Putting your oxygen mask first
- Learning from his father and being different
- Letting go of the need to be successful