The Beauty of Insight
In this episode I interview writer, speaker and coach Dr Giles Croft.
Giles is a psychology graduate and former NHS surgeon who spent more than a decade exploring a number of career paths, including healthcare information management, cycling journalism, public speaking and opening a high street shop with his wife.
His curiosity about the human condition led him to coaching and a deeper dive into how our psychology works from the inside-out.
He now works with clients to help them resolve stress related conditions, without recourse to medication.
His greatest teacher is his 5 year old daughter, Rhonwen.
In this episode we discuss:
- How being in the work doldrums opened up his relationship with his daughter
- How finding balance is no longer the issue, it's about presence
- The joy of going with the flow
- How losing and finding a ballet shoe provided an extraordinary turning point in his life
- How dropping labels for experience, including bad moods, frees us up to be present and feel more alive
- What to do when you lose the plot
- The lightness of not taking difficult times so seriously
- Why making time for yourself is so important