Growing Into Fatherhood
In this episode I interview business owner and podcaster Jason Oates.
Jason has been married to Laura for 20 years. They have 3 children Luke 17, Rachel 15, and James 12.
Jason is an active Sport Coach and has coached over 80+ Seasons from youth to college athletes, as well as being a Personal Performance Coach.
He's the creator and host of 'Whistle and a Clipboard Podcast' which he's been running for 5 years.
Jason is also the Co-owner of Fusion Contractors LLC, a general construction company with 14 years in business.
In this episode we discuss:
- How children can be a release from the stress and worries of work
- How having your children involved in your work can foster a sense of pride and skills
- The myth of busy-ness and how it's all a matter of priority and perception
- How guilt is sometimes just a story we're buying into
- His changed relationship with anger and seeing how in most situations, it makes things worse
- The impact of miscarriage on your relationship
- The profound and empowering moment you accept you will be known as a father
- Coping with anxiety that your child will come to harm, as a new dad
- Finding connection in the ritual of breakfast
- The pitfalls of coaching your own children and seeing the wisdom they have to share
You can find out more about Jason at http://whistleandaclipboard.com/ or subscribe to his podcast here https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/whistle-and-a-clipboard-the-coaching-communities-resource/id825358250
Join us in our community at: www.facebook.com/groups/heartofdad and apply to be on the podcast here: www.heartofdad.com/contact