Resilience and recovery
In this episode, I interview Nathan Simmonds
Nathan helps business leaders and professionals stuck in their 9-5’s, take the lead on their careers, work out what they bring when they’re at their best and create fulfilment in the work they do.
He does this using the tools and ideas he’s learned as a business coach, trainer, speaker, and soon to be author.
He has a vulnerability and courage gathered from a multitude of highs and lows, personally and professionally which he’s deeply reflected upon.
Whether it’s travelling the world, client break throughs or severe health challenges and hospitalisation, regardless, as a result he now shares this back as a Leadership and Career coach challenging peoples thinking so they can become more incredible than yesterday.
Nathan is married and has one daughter.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Nathan's insights on leadership, permaculture and home schooling
- His crisis of leadership and finding his 'why' after leaving a toxic work environment
- His own recalibration, and helping people find the 'thing' they are here to do
- Designing travel into the family plan
- The toxicity of 'shoulds' and making 1 degree shifts
- Learning from knocking at the wrong doors
- Going beyond 'not'
- Tapping into your wisdom to orientate yourself in your career
- Finding the physical manifestation of our thinking
- Wanting to touch 100 million people with his work
- Bringing his family along, respecting different communication styles
- Coming through a horrendous health situation and eating clean
- The tension his dad created in his career
- The road into and out of drug use
- Always finding our way back into balance
- Everything is a solution to a problem - the evolutionary drive
You can find out more about Nathan at https://www.nathansimmondscoaching.com/