In this episode, I interview Will McInnes
Will McInnes is the CMO at Brandwatch, a leader in digital consumer intelligence and one of Europe's most successful VC-backed software firms.
Prior to that he founded NixonMcInnes, an early innovator in social media marketing.
His book Culture Shock, published by Wiley, outlined a blueprint for practical approaches to digital transformation.
He's dad to two boys and loves riding bikes with them, exploring new places and general adventures outdoors.
In this episode, we discuss:
- His journey at Brandwatch
- The thrill of moving from MD of his own business to the CMO role
- Being a wing person rather than a leader
- Craving team success
- The body knows before the mind
- Walking away from business and the excitement of the new challenge
- His New York adventure and taking his young family with him
- Having to come home when his relationship foundered
- Re-integrating his life in the UK
- The upsides and downsides of being demanding
- The weight of working through divorce
- The lack of punctuation points in life
- Being in relentless pursuit of the next thing
- Accepting vs resisting ageing
- Different ways to leverage your passions as you age
- Opening metaphorical doors for his sons
- Wearing his feelings on his sleeve
- The edge of directiveness vs inclusiveness
- Growing up with a very strong female role model
- The anger switch when scoring own goals
- Integrating his new relationship into life with his children
- Bonding with his family through playing Rose, Thorn, Bud
You can find out more about Will on Twitter: @willmcinnes
Join us in our community at: www.facebook.com/groups/heartofdad and apply to be on the podcast here: www.heartofdad.com/contact